Monday, July 20, 2009

Enjoy the Silence!

Tomorrow morning my stepson is arriving in town to stay with us for three weeks. So tonight I enjoy my freedom LOL (kidding, kinda). It's funny but it does change a lot in our household when he's here. The little things really. He's 16 so it's not like he's a little kid, but I still like to make sure he eats while the hubs is at work. LOL. I'm trying to plan dinners for the week, tomorrow night is kind of up in the air but I am thinking about making shrimp and goat cheese risotto. Wednesday night is pulled bbq chicken sammiches (easy because I can dump it all in the crock pot on Weds morning). Thursday I'm thinking about making the Shrimp po' boys in this month's Cooking Light that Jenna was raving about a few weeks ago.

Not much went on this afternoon, just work and then I ran to the library to pick up the new Jennifer Weiner book (I was lucky enough to get on the hold list as soon as they opened it up, so I got a "first" copy).

My bestie is in town this weekend from Spokane so I've got plans with her Friday and Saturday. YAY!

My afternoon snack was the usual...1/2c 0% Fage, sliced strawberries, 1/4c of Kashi Go Lean Crunch - Honey Almond Flax.

Dinner tonight was chopped veggies and chicken in TJ's Thai red curry sauce with quinoa. I chopped up 1 zucchini, 1 red bell pepper, 1 can of bamboo shoots, 1/2 Walla Walla sweet onion, and a bunch of mushrooms. Quick and easy. :)

At the request of the hubs I made Choc. Chip cookies for his co-workers. I did not eat a single one, yet it is the only food I took a pic of today. LOL. I did lick the Kitchen Aid paddle though (hellooooo Salmonella). He already picked up the cookies to take to them, so no chance of eating one.

This recipe is delicious and I like how 'pretty' the cookies come out looking. I use this recipe from allrecipes.net.

Amanda @ Run To The Finish has a great tofu giveaway going on make sure to check it out!

1 comment:

  1. Haha, nice of you to make sure he eats! All of that sounds really tasty, lucky guy!

    ReplyDelete